Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taco/Chili Seasoning

As requested by my roommate, Sarah Jane!

Taco Seasoning - NOT from a Packet!! (Yes, it works that way!)







  • 1 tablespoon chili powder


  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use granulated garlic)


  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or dried, minced onion)


  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes


  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano


  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika


  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin


  • 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional...to me, anyway)


  • 1 teaspoon black pepper






  • Put it all together in a jar, and mix it up!  This recipe only makes about 2 Tablespoons worth of seasoning, and I usually use 3 or 4 Tablespoons per 12 oz. package of Quorn Grounds.  So, double...triple...quadruple the recipe for feeding a family, or just to keep on hand.  It keeps just like the rest of your spices.  Just throw it into a dry, well sealed jar.  You know you have an empty almond butter or coconut oil jar hanging around in your cupboards, somewhere.  Right?

    I will follow up, tomorrow, with a post about my favorite way to use this seasoning mix.  It works great for chili, too!

    Let me know what you think!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thought? Questions? Concerns?